To celebrate five months since screwing up my ankle (and two days out of the last brace), I bought new sneakers and joined a new gym: Gold's Gym this time around. While I really did like Sport & Health, this place is just over half the monthly fee. Sure, it doesn't have the pool I never used or the free shampoo/conditioner/body wash/lotion I will honestly miss, but it's got a lot of high-quality equipment. There is also a distinct lack of small children in the locker room, which is most likely related to the lack of a pool. Fine by me!
Anyway, I signed up yesterday and tried it out today. Not really in the mood to mess with the weight machines, I went into the Cardio Cinema, which is a darkened room with loads of cardio machines in front of a huge screen playing a movie. So I went in and got on the elliptical and watched a random half hour of Thor. I'm totally out of shape after these five months of idleness and pain, and I worked for every one of those minutes. Anyway, here's the stats:
elliptical machine
35 minutes
2.98 miles
431 calories
Sometimes I almost wish there was a way to measure the amount I sweat. I guess the technical term is "lots".
Oh yeah, I was recording victories! Today's victory: I did not stop by Burger King on my way to work this morning. I'd been doing it far more than I'd like to admit lately, but I've decided to turn over a new leaf. At least for now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment