Monday, November 21, 2011

Occasional Gym Recap

Today I asked Jeev, under the assumption that I get back to going to the gym four days a week (a rather serious assumption, to be sure), how long it would take me to be able to run a 5k. He said three to four months, which sounds ridiculously optimistic to me, but it also means I have a goal to work toward.

And man, did I work today. High-knee jogging in place, jogging on the treadmill at various speeds (but only for, like, 45 seconds at a time), kettle ball swings, jump-squats, bouncy plank positions, and more. I definitely feel worked out (or perhaps just over) tonight.

My food habits are gradually increasing, but it's been tough due to an often crippling bout of depression. I think I'm coming out of it, but it's so hard to tell. But I do know that I'm tired of reminding myself of that line from a Jewel song: "...looked like a potato stuffed into jeans." Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment