First, I've gained 30 pounds since July. This is not okay. Second, the bloodwork came back with "elevated liver function" and much higher cholesterol levels.
I know the problem: I eat too much. My biggest issue is breakfast. I go to the gym every weekday morning and pass by about half a dozen fast food restaurants on my way to work. I'm starving after going to the gym, and often (way too often) I buzz through the drive-thru for a tasty treat. See, I really love fast food breakfast. Any other time of day I can take or leave it, but McDonald's sausage burritos and Burger King's croissanwiches. Man, I'm drooling just thinking about them.
But the fact of the matter is that I weigh 226 pounds. That's a BMI of 36.6, well into the "obese" range. My goal is to get down to 150 pounds, which is at the upper end of "normal" for someone of my height. And hey, I might not get there, seeing as I do go to the gym so much and am a bit more on the muscular side than many women my age, but I'd like to at least look like I weigh 150 pounds.
So, long story short, I'm back on Nutrisystem again. It helped last time - I lost 25 pounds in about three months - and this time I'm going to keep going to the gym at the same time, so maybe I'll progress at a somewhat more satisfying rate this time around.
I won't lie - I'm totally bummed about this turn of events, and I'm going to be the crabbiest of crabby for the next few weeks. Let's hope I like the new selection of foods they've added since the last time I was on it. The protein shakes in particular look like they'll be helpful for my post-gym commute.
But the fact of the matter is that I weigh 226 pounds. That's a BMI of 36.6, well into the "obese" range. My goal is to get down to 150 pounds, which is at the upper end of "normal" for someone of my height. And hey, I might not get there, seeing as I do go to the gym so much and am a bit more on the muscular side than many women my age, but I'd like to at least look like I weigh 150 pounds.
So, long story short, I'm back on Nutrisystem again. It helped last time - I lost 25 pounds in about three months - and this time I'm going to keep going to the gym at the same time, so maybe I'll progress at a somewhat more satisfying rate this time around.
I won't lie - I'm totally bummed about this turn of events, and I'm going to be the crabbiest of crabby for the next few weeks. Let's hope I like the new selection of foods they've added since the last time I was on it. The protein shakes in particular look like they'll be helpful for my post-gym commute.
No comments:
Post a Comment