My weekly weigh-in was last night. I'm down another two pounds, for a total of 20 since the beginning of the year (12 or so of which are since starting Nutrisystem). Yes, you read that right: I have lost twenty pounds over the last 11 weeks. I don't feel like I look all that much different, which is frustrating, but my husband assures me that my tummy is shrinking. Quantitatively, I'm solidly back into the clothing size I've worn for many years (rather than hovering between that and the next size up), and I'm wearing my belt one notch tighter with no trouble. So there's that.
I know I should be more pleased with my progress. I guess I'm just impatient. I've always worn my weight well, meaning that I'm actually far heavier than I look. This is a wonderful trait when gaining weight, but a little frustrating when losing, because it takes just as long to look noticeably thinner as to look noticeably fatter.
Then there's the disheartening fact that 20 pounds is only a quarter of the total weight I need to lose. Sure, if I can sustain this rate I'll be at my goal weight by my next anniversary, but I'm not optimistic about that: as I lose more weight, it will come off more slowly.
Well, I guess all I can do is keep doing what I'm doing. And maybe learn a little patience. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment