Nutrisystem has made a lot of changes since last year. In addition to new food choices, they've kind of restructured the program to give you more variety. Last time, the snacks were all prepackaged Nutrisystem snacks. Now the only prepackaged one is dessert, and the rest are groceries you buy yourself. And while this might mean you're receiving less food for your buck, they've also added in a daily protein shake, which makes up a little bit of the deficit. The groceries are also more varied: you have "powerfuels" (proteins, more or less) and "smartcarbs" (starchy vegetables and more traditional carb). Also, you're supposed to get at least four servings of vegetables per day but they no longer have any requirements as to what meal you have to eat them at.
The best part is that the women's plan now has six "eating occasions" just like the men. Last year, my husband got three snacks a day while I only got two, and that really made my mornings long at work. So while I'm eating much smaller portions, I'm eating far more often. The only trouble is finding the time to dash out to the kitchen between meetings!
And then there's a somewhat stranger change: as an added incentive to use their online weight tracking website/community/thingy, every ten pounds you lose you receive a Nutribear. Not just a little blog badge; an actual Beanie Baby-type plushie.
I can't decide if this is kind of awesome or just really, really weird. I guess I'll decide if/when I receive one.
No comments:
Post a Comment