Friday, December 16, 2011

Victories

I made it! Five straight days of getting up at 5am and going to the gym before work! Granted, today I had to talk myself into it and even then only struggled through twenty minutes on the ArcTrainer (260 calories), but hey, I did it!

This evening I bought some more workout clothes. Man, watching myself struggle into a sports bra was one of the more depressing sights of my life. So fat! But I needed more clothes to keep up with my increased schedule. I don't like to re-wear something without washing it, though occasionally with shorts that's what I'd had to do. But (hopefully) not more, provided my husband can keep up with the laundry.

I'm supposed to go cycling with a friend of mine tomorrow, but I haven't heard from her in a few days and so I'm not 100% positive that's still happening. Otherwise, the next four days will be a sort of vacation from the gym: Sunday will be resting, then Monday and Tuesday I'm traveling to upstate New York for work. It's just a single overnight, so I won't have time to do much other than work, sleep, and fly. But I'll try to at least keep my eating under control while I'm away. I've been horrible about that lately. (And by lately I mean my entire adult life.)

Oh hey, I never wrote about yesterday's training session. It was one of the more diabolical set of exercises, including one-armed plank positions while pumping a weight with my free hand. That took some serious figuring before I could pull off the position without falling over. I'm not sure if coordination or strength is the bigger problem, but man do I have trouble balancing with a lot of these moves.

Despite the discouraging shopping trip (shopping for clothes has always been one of my least favorite activities, just below going to the dentist), I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. Let's see if I can keep that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment