Monday, January 10, 2011

Victories and Gym Recap 1/10/11

We'll start with the victories, especially since the weekend was full of fail:
  • My coworker scattered Hershey's Kisses all over the conference table, urging people to take them. I didn't.
  • I did not participate in Moe's Mondays, though I was invited.
  • Instead of getting a huge bag of trail mix (or worse) from the vending machine at the gym, I thought ahead (for once) and ate a single packet of instant oatmeal right before leaving work so I wasn't shaky with hunger during my workout.
  • Worked out extra hard, then skipped the free sample on the way out. (My gym is affiliated with some sort of Nutrisystem-style diet-to-go program, and they often have free samples available.)

And then the gym recap:

Format: exercise - reps x sets - weight - notes (if applicable)
  • pull-ups - 5x3 - 112lb counterweight - arms out, surprisingly easy
  • dips - 12x3 - 112lb counterweight
  • abdominal crunch machine - 50x2 - 35 lbs
  • hip adduction - 15x3 - 90 lbs
  • hip abduction - 15x3 - 90 lbs
  • lat pull-downs - 12x3 - 62.5 lbs
  • lawnmower pulls with free weights - 12x3/arm - 15lbs/arm - no idea what this is really called.
  • bicep curls with free weights - 12x3/arm - 12.5lbs/arm - the first set was with 15lbs but omg that was too heavy
  • tricep extensions with free weights - 12x3 - 15 lbs
  • stationary bike - 30 min - level 7 hills - 10.8 miles

The bike was harder than I remembered, but I powered on through. I thought I had more to say about that, but, uh, I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment