Wednesday, January 12, 2011

All-in-One 1/12/11

Power of One Challenge


Got lots to report, so I figured I might as well put it all in one mega-post.

First: the weekly weigh-in. I've been dreading this.

Weight change this week: -1
Weight change so far in 2011: -6

Second: victories!
  • There were two mostly-finished 2-liters of soda in the office kitchen up for grabs: one Diet Coke, one regular Coke. I really like regular Coke (and finishing it off would have meant I could keep the Coke Rewards points), but I only took the Diet Coke.
  • I wanted a midmorning snack, preferably something in the pastry food group. I had coffee.
  • I wanted a snack pretty much immediately after lunch, but instead waited until right before I left for the gym, when I had a packet of oatmeal to sustain me through my workout.

Third: gym recap.

Format: exercise - reps x sets - weight - notes (if applicable)
  • pull-ups - 5x3 - 112lb counterweight - arms out - Oddly easy again. I dunno.
  • dips - 12x3 - 112lb counterweight
  • abdominal crunch machine - 50x2 - 35 lbs
  • lower back machine - 50x2 - 35 lbs - this is basically a reverse crunch
  • hip adduction - 15x3 - 90 lbs
  • hip abduction - 15x3 - 90 lbs
  • lat pull-downs - 12x3 - 62.5 lbs
  • lawnmower pulls with free weights - 12x3/arm - 15lbs/arm - no idea what this is really called.
  • calf machine - 12x3 - 100 lbs
  • squat machine - 12x3 - 90lbs

The real challenge will be this weekend. My husband won't be around to cook nutritious meals for me, and I'm kind of helpless on my own. Will I be able to resist the siren song of fast food? Only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it you can! Go shopping and buy yourself some lean cuisines or healthy choice meals :)

    ReplyDelete