Finally had another session with Jeev today. (He cancelled again yesterday.) This was definitely a full-body workout, full of running and push-ups and squats and planks. I did real push-ups and never again will I take girly push-ups for granted (though Jeev tells me we're all done with girly push-ups - more's the pity). The planks weren't normal ones either: once I was pulling on a weight with each arm, then later I was kicking each knee up to my shoulder. So it was pretty exhausting, but I made it. More importantly, I did three minutes straight on the endless ladder machine and didn't die! Which led to a strange conversation:
Me: I don't think I've ever done 3 minutes before.
Jeev: Actually, you did, a while back.
Me: Oh yeah, but I think I died.
Jeev: Yeah, you did.
Anyway, I did another two minutes later in the workout and while I was panting pretty good, I didn't die then either. Life is good.
Another conversation snippet, because it made me feel a little better about myself:
Me: Are the exercises getting harder or am I just having an off day?
Jeev: The exercises are definitely getting harder.
No comments:
Post a Comment