Monday, January 2, 2012

Slips, Trips, and Falls

Today we were supposed to focus on lower body, but Jeev tells me everything is lower body from your head's point of view. Um, yeah. Anyway, there was a lot of subliminal core work, like side lunges while hefting a 20-lb weight and toe touches on a knee-high step. I fell while doing the latter, and again while doing stair runs, but I'm totally fine. You can't be as klutzy as I without learning how to pick yourself up and keep moving. The stair runs were timed for the first time: 34, 31, and 34 seconds, respectively - that last one was the time when I fell. Not bad. I also did forward and backward lunges over the step, which were the bane of my existence not too long ago, and while they were hard I was way better at them than I ever had been before. The session ended with a couple of plank positions, which I held for 30 seconds each without any trouble at all, really.

So I think I'm improving, at that my endurance is increasing. But for some reason I've been in a foul mood all day and going to the gym doesn't seem to have helped that any. I want my endorphins, dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment