When I first started this blog a year ago, it was part of a project from Shrinking Jeans, an online fitness/weight-loss community I've since lost interest in. I was really active there at the beginning, and many of the early assignments involved goals.
At the very beginning of this blog, I posted a few goals. Let's see how I did.
1. Be able to do 3 sets of 10 pull-ups on the machine with the full counterweight (114 lbs).
You know, I seem to recall being about to do this by about February or March, but I haven't attempted a pull-up since April so I have no idea. So we'll count it as failed.
2. Get my weight under 200 lbs.
I achieved this, but then gained it all back again.
Bonus goal: get my weight below 180.
I don't think I ever managed this.
3. Fit into my suit.
Never even tried, come to think of it.
Bonus goal: go down a pant size.
Nope, but I did manage to avoid going up a pant size, so there's that.
4. Complete First Day to 5k on Podrunner Intervals.
Nope, but I'm working with my trainer on being able to run an actual 5k so we'll count it as in progress.
A couple weeks later, there were more goals, none of which I achieved, and I don't even feel like recapping them here.
I would have done better had I not completely screwed up my ankle at the end of April. I find new year's resolutions, as well as fictionalized (and idealized!) letters from the future, to be quite discouraging. But hey, they were things I hadn't tried before, so I tried them.
I don't have specific goals this year, except for the vague intention of being able to run a 5k. I haven't signed up for a race or anything; it's just a general desire of mine.
Okay, that's enough recapping. I think I'll separate the rest of my ramblings into individual posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment