I'm not sure how accurate this graphic is, since the Monday Project turned into The Monthly Project, but now they say it's going back to weekly in 2011. But that's not important right now. This week/month's project is to write a letter to yourself, imagining you are writing from this time next year. Work from the assumption that you've reached all your goals, and write like it actually happened.
Here goes nothing.
Hello from 2012, me.
Well, you finally did it. You finally went down a clothing size for the first time in your life, and it looks like we're going to hang out here for a while, or maybe even shrink some more. I'm so glad you finally sucked it up and started trying out the classes at the gym. It feels so great to have found one I really enjoy, and it mixes up the old exercise routine. It keeps things interesting, and you've even made a couple of gym-friends. The best part is that you're running again - you already finished the Podrunner Intervals "First Day to 5k" program and are well into the "Gateway to 8k" program. And your knee is fine. Rock on, Hermes! Maybe by this time next year you'll have participated in your very first race!
You never did kick that soda habit, but I still maintain that a zero-calorie caffeinated drink is still better than eating junk when I'm sleepy. On the other hand, you did kick the McDonald's breakfast habit. Sure, I still like to grab the occasional sausage burrito, but it's not nearly as often, nor in as much quantity, as in 2010. I still can't believe you managed to get into the groove of weekly weigh-ins; it's such a good motivator. Blogging your food victories was another great idea you stuck with.
In non-fitness-related news, you'll be pleased to hear that you did finally finish and publish the S&R comic, and Bill performed that solo show he was working on. The song he wrote for you is lovely. Things picked up at work and you're finally gaining a little more confidence in yourself. And the convention went perfectly, so don't fret about that.
You'll enjoy 2011, I promise. I sure did.
much love,
your future self
Great letter! I can't wait to see all that you accomplish this year!
ReplyDeletegreat goals!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like 2011 is the year for you to shine! Good luck!
ReplyDelete